Jan 30, 2011

Did Stephen King really say this?



At first I thought this was some random dude's comment from some random source of media, but at second look, it's from the one and only Stephen King. "The Best American Horror Film..." That had to be taken out of context, seeing that this is a remake of the Swedish film, Let The Right One In, and I've heard it's pretty much a shot-for-shot redo. While I can't speak on either film, because I haven't seen them (although LTROI is sitting in my collection), I can say that it's not an American original. I speculate that other words accompanied these while talking to King, but the marketing and promotions dept at Anchor Bay strategically plucked out these for the DVD release. King can't be that oblivious, but his stamp of approval could translate into dollars. So, maybe it is a great movie, and possibly the best American horror REMAKE in the last 20 years, but to pawn it off as an American classic is a travesty. So, screw what King says, watch both (the original first, of course), and then you can determine which one, if either, should be in the Horror Hall of Fame.

1 comment:

Chad S. said...

You haven't even seen it yet....keep your comments to yourself! :)