Oct 15, 2010

Cheap Horror Blu Rays at Best Buy



I’m not sure how long the sale goes on, but BestBuy.com has some sweet deals on horror Blu Rays, including Adam Green’s Hatchet, Spiral, and his latest, Frozen. These are ones I haven’t seen in under $10 bins elsewhere, and are great additions to any hi-def horror fan’s collection.

For a mere $9.99:
Amityville Horror (original)
Carrie
Children of the Corn (original)
Craft
Dead Snow
Dawn of the Dead (Romero)
Evil Dead
Halloween (John Carpenter)
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Hostel
House of the Devil
and for $12.99, Let the Right One In

Sure, you may pick up others on impulse, like the Resident Evils, Underworlds, or even There’s Something About Mary, but for ten worn out Washingtons, you really can’t go wrong. Keep in mind, the prices in-store may not reflect what you saw online, but just ask, and you can score the same deals. So, start building your list, check your local store for inventory (or be lazy and stay home), and have an even happier Halloween this year. Remember, horror movies make great Christmas gifts too. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, horror movies make great gifts for those of us who don't have every horror movie made. However, for the writer of this blog does and so not a great idea. ;-/

Anonymous said...

My "local" Best Buy is three hours away, unfortunately. And the last time I was there, their horror section had been drastically reduced, occupying only one four foot section, if I remember correctly. If I'm in the area any time soon, though, I'll check out some of these deals. I already have Halloween and Dawn of the Dead on VHS and DVD. I guess it's time to complete the triad and get them on Blu-Ray too.

Unless BetaMax makes a comeback...

--J/Metro